Re: [Asrg] IPv6 and the SPAM problem

2005-01-15 23:41:33
Does the wide spread adoption of IPv6 help solve the SPAM problem in any
way?

No.  Despite occasional rumors to the contrary, we don't have any
trouble figuring out what IPv4 address each message comes from now,
but knowing the addresses is only a small part of dealing with spam.

I asked my ISP about their transition plans - the tier one person said
IPv WHAT?

That's my answer, too.  Whatever problem IPv6 is supposed to solve
isn't anywhere near bad enough for us to make it worth dealing with
the hassle of upgrading everything to IPv6, and particularly for
backbone routers, the hassle and costs are substantial.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com