ietf-asrg

Re: forged bounces, was [Asrg] A CAPTCHA that automatically

2005-06-03 20:57:45
Is maintaining this database of sent mail really such a serious
technical issue, at least as far as maintaining a reasonably
functional bounce/challenge filter?  Is this really more of a
technical challenge than a system such as Domain Keys?

I do not know the details of either.  But, speaking as an implementer,
I would much prefer to be tasked with implementing something basically
stateless like Domain Keys than anything requiring saving any
information about sent mail and feeding it forward to assist with
incoming bounce handling.

Of course, this could be based on a misunderstanding of one or both of
the things at issue; I trust my choice of words above gives enough of
an idea of my understanding for you to tell to what extent any such
misunderstandings invalidate my conclusion.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca