Re: [Asrg] Re: BATV and SES - was forged bounces

2005-06-04 13:20:39
There's two reasons for that.  One is that replay isn't a problem
and isn't likely to be.
You don't know it.

"Isn't a problem" - John apparently has experience as a high-profile
forgery target that says it *isn't* a problem.  Do you have countering
experience to give?

"Isn't likely to be" - that's a judgement call, but, tentatively, I'd
certainly be inclined to believe him.  Do you have evidence to the
contrary?

It is exceedingly rare to see a deliberately forged bounce, and it
is hard to see a plausible scenario in which bad guys would want to
forge them
After being a victim of half a dozen joe-jobs, I disagree.

Forged bounce != bounce of forgery.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca