Re: [Asrg] greylisting with whitelist of good mailservers

2006-01-29 20:26:13
Actually I do store (IP,sender,recip) tripple for greylisting database.
The same server trying to deliver email from the same envelope sender
to different recipient would mean separate greylisting delay.

Same here, the greylist entry is a triple, but the whitelist is just
the IP.

But my whitelisting database is only IP address, so if any emails from
the system is non-spam, it ends up being whitelisted.

In my system, if any host retries with the same envelope, it now
bypasses the greylister but still has to run the gauntlet of all the
other mail.  This means that only people writing from hitherto unseen
IP addresses get legit mail delayed by greylisting, which is rare.

What I'm thinking for one of the next stages is change this
whitelisting ip database into (IP,score) where score is updated and
is medium of the scores of the emails that came from the system
before - i.e. it basicly is a real-time updated reputation system.

Seems reasonable except I don't see what it has to do with greylisting.

R's,
John