Re: [Asrg] Supplemental addresses (was: Indirection as a useful tool)

2006-02-07 15:30:28

But...  Before you do such a thing, consider what it does to S/Mime etc
(breaks it), and consider what you do with internal names that leak.
Multiplying your spam-cross-sectional-area Etc.

It's a hideous mess, and we're still paying for it.

You know, it's been awhile since I've seen a really vigorous and innovative rant against NATs at an IETF meeting. A few outbursts, now and then, but nothing really inspiring.

I suspect that an attempt to discuss applying the NAT construct to email would bring that religious vigor right back.

Yum!

d/

--

Dave Crocker