Re: [Asrg] greylisting with whitelist of good mailservers

2006-02-10 12:33:30
Following up self:

My wife - who does know something about statistics - has pointed out that
I've been talking probable b*ll*cks.

 Do we
know how *much* 'worse' a message with a score 10.0 is than one with 5.0?
or do we merely know that one with 7.5 falls inbetween them? is 5:10 the
same as 2.5:5 or 10:15 ? Or what?

What I should have said (apparently) is that it's not clear that we have
*interval* data in SA scores. So I'd feel like I'm on shaky ground pulling
an average out of a bunch of them. Although (I'm told), as long as there's
lots of possible scores and the numbers look pretty much normally
distributed - I'm probably not going to get too many funny looks for
calculating some kind of mean.

So I'll shut up. Sorry.