Re: [Asrg] About that Church draft

2006-04-05 17:44:22
On Apr 05 2006, Chris Lewis wrote:

Laird Breyer wrote:

I've just read through the threads again and done a summary of all the
main relevant points everyone discussed on the list (see attachment).

I think you did a rather excellent job, and summarized it all pretty well.

Thanks. But do edit the document, I don't lay any claims to it. There
are details in the threads and in other people's comprehensive comments
which could be added.

If a site determines that it has no reason to communicate with, for
example, a given country, or sites based on specific listing criteria,
there is no reason why the site couldn't use a "single verdict" choice
based on an appropriate DNSBL or other filtering method.  On the other
hand, some DNSBLs are of a nature or the needs are such where scoring
methods will be more appropriate.

It's a good general principle, but does it apply to big sites such as
Yahoo or Hotmail? I think that's one of the issues implied in the
Church draft we haven't explored yet.

--
Laird Breyer.