[Asrg] Mail problem in NY

2007-01-24 09:36:47
Has anyone else seen a mail delivery problem between the US and europe starting a couple of days ago? I traced it to a hop in the NY area that is specifically clobbering large packets on TCP port 25. Looks to me like a mis-configured packet sniffer or an intentional jammer.

If spammers are intercepting mail on the backbone the era of passive spamtraps will be over. Or, it might be an experiment to jam content packets and reinject spam in the middle of an email as it flies by on the wire. I hope it's just our own spooks bungling a tap.