Re: [Asrg] Comments: draft-irtf-asrg-criteria-00.txt

2007-01-25 10:36:32
On 1/25/07, Chris Lewis <clewis(_at_)nortel(_dot_)com> wrote:

My personally trained bayesian filtering has an absolutely abysmal track
record.  On the spam aimed at the false positive handling address, which
by design has _no_ filtering, Bayesian has an effectiveness rate of
about 50%.  Yuck.  No amount of personal twiddling, custom rules,
explicit pattern matching in my UA is going to make much difference to that.

I wonder if Paul Graham was being underhanded and evil or merely naive when
he claimed that the level of noise allowed to pass through Bayesian
filters would
be acceptable http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html