Re: [Asrg] Comments: draft-irtf-asrg-criteria-00.txt

2007-03-04 23:55:54
"Walter Dnes" <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 06:51:26PM +0000, Justin Mason wrote

 Don't engage in a battle you can't win.  Go with...
 - our customer says he doesn't want your emails.  No, we don't know
   why he doesn't want your emails.
 - the customer is always right; end of story.
 Don't give the spammers' lawyers anything to attack.

It's too subjective, and would outlaw DNSBL usage, as far as I
can tell...

 Not at all.  It does require separate rules for each customer.

No, it doesn't.  My (hypothetical) policy is that if too many
customers complain about receiving the email, I block them for
everybody.  If any of my customers complain about not receiving the
email, I advise them how to get it past the blocks (e.g. with a free
email account forwarding to this one).

Separate rules, user-configurable, is a good way to go; it just isn't
necessary.

Seth