Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg Digest, DNSBL BCP v.2.0

2007-03-05 00:23:50
der Mouse <mouse(_at_)Rodents(_dot_)Montreal(_dot_)QC(_dot_)CA> wrote:

What I think we (TINW) object to is your attempt to deny to *others*
filtering methods *they* want to use, such as IP-based DNSBLs.

I think he's trying to persuade rather than prevent.

The problem with his FUSSP is that it only protect me (from spam
generated by zombies that were infected by email) if *everybody else*
on the Internet uses it.  Given the current state of the world, I need
to protect myself.  (And note that lots of bot infestations don't
spread via email, but by direct connections, bad web pages, etc.)

Seth