Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg Digest, DNSBL BCP v.2.0

2007-03-05 00:34:48

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:

And it's very hard to carry on a meaningful discussion with someone who thinks that nobody needs to get (legitimate) "first contact" e-mails from people, and can't understand that spam is NOT the same thing as "legitimate first-contact E-mails".

I think its the spammers who don't understand what is "legitimate first-contact E-mails" or rather they do and they are taking
advantage of it quite well. But let me give you a few hypothetical
examples and you can tell me which of these are and are not spam:

Email example 1:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm William. I've read your comment
on ASRG mail list and I'm doing research on anti-spam technologies
and would like to talk to you about spam-related issues you have experienced"

Email example 2:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm William. I've read your comment
on ASRG mail list and would like to talk to you about spam-related
issues you have experienced"

Email example 3:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm William. I've read your comment
on ASRG mail list and would like to talk to you about your business
anti-spam protection and email deliverability issues"

Email example 4:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm William. I've read your comment
on a mail list. I work for company XYZ and we have a great product
called 'XYZ super server' that will take care of all your anti-spam
and email deliverability needs.

Email example 5:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm William. I work for company XYZ
and we have a great product called 'XYZ gold server' that will take
care of all your anti-spam and email deliverability needs.

Email example 6:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm Monica. I've noticed that you
spend lots of time online making comments on various mail lists.
I'm currently doing psychology research on the issues faced by
internet addicts and would like to talk to you"

Email example 7:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm Monica. I've noticed that you
spend lots of time online making comments on various mail lists
and believe you maybe lonely. I'm currently doing psychology
research sponsored by XYZ consoling services on the issues faced
internet addicts and would like to talk to you."

Email example 8:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm Monica. I've noticed that you
spend lots of time online and believe you maybe lonely. My psychology research sponsored by XYZ consoling services found that people like
you would be interested in visiting XYZ match making services site
at xyz.example"

Email example 9:

"Hi, Let me introduce myself - I'm Monica. I've noticed that you
spend lots of time online and believe you maybe lonely. I'm lonely
too and looking for people to talk to and have s_x online. Please
come and visit my site monica.example

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks