Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg Digest, DNSBL BCP v.2.0

2007-03-03 01:03:21
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 00:20:21 -0500
 "Martin Hannigan" <hannigan(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Email has never been reliable, and can't be counted on to be timely. There are too many variables.

Agreed that it is not 100% reliable.

But it's an ENTIRELY different situation when (for example) resending the same E-mail message again (in response to a customer complaint that they didn't receive it) STILL doesn't get through, after multiple attempts over numerous days.... and because of the arbitrary blacklisting of an entire company, and which blacklister won't even tell us PRECISELY what they are objecting to from OUR specific compamy, and only just says "well, it's probably this... or maybe that..."

You may have been having
"good luck", but that appears to have run out as far as business process goes.

The bottom line is that DESIGNING IN additional INTRINSICALLY FLAWED mechanisms like this, as we have been talking about here, is TECHNICALLY IRRESPONSIBLE.

Your best bet is to create some better process around your mission critical applications. I suspect you will be waiting a long time
for something else to happen.

The fact that the present way of handling this is screwed up is NOT a good reason why every company in the world ought to be forced to work around such issues. And more to the point, WE here in the ASRG ought to NOT be making such matters WORSE by continuing to let our discussions here continue to devolve to discussing fine design points about a design which is intrinsically flawed and technically irresponsible from the get-go, and which should have been discarded a long time ago!

-M<

Gordon Peterson
http://personal.terabites.com
1977-2007 Thirty year anniversary of local area networking