Re: [Asrg] ASRG wiki, and an Anti-spam taxonmy

2007-07-30 09:13:10
Nice one. I found first via in the referer logs of my website, :-)

d.

On 7/29/07, John L <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:
I have set up a new wiki for the ASRG at http://wiki.asrg.sp.am.  It's
Mediawiki, the same package that Wikipedia uses.*  I have it set up so
that anyone can look at it, but you need an account to log in and edit.
If you want an account, just ask.

Having set up the wiki, I've started sketching out a project I've wanted
the ASRG to do for ages, a taxonomy of anti-spam techniques.  People keep
reinventing well known techniques, both good and bad ones, and it'd be
nice to be able to point them at something and say ah, yes, that's
technique 24-B.  It's just as important to include lousy techniques as
good ones, maybe moreso.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

* - Don't suggest a better one, it's too late.