Re: [Asrg] Final(?) draft of DNSwL draft

2007-07-30 11:42:37
Reference [3] should probably point to something at Trend; the page at
mail-abuse.com looks like a temporary redirect.

It's been like that for a couple of years, don't think it's likely to
change.

Section 2.1 refers to the address values used "may have other values as
described below" but, aside from some discussion of how values may be
logically ORed, I didn't find this.  If there isn't a consistent set of
meanings, please say so.

Clarified that I'm referring to the section

Section 2 should also have some discussion of the operational problems

I'm trying to keep all the operational stuff in the companion BCP.

You might also mention how many DNSBLs there are.

How could anyone tell?  They pop up and disappear dailt.

Section 3 should mention the need for some sort of email authentication
in order for the domain name to be meaningful.

Actually, the most common use of domain name DNSBLs is for the names
found in URLs in the bodies of spam, which doesn't need any
authentication.

Authentication only matters if you're whitelisting by sender, but I
don't know of anyone using DNSWLs for that.

R's,
John