Re: [Asrg] New draft draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-01.txt

2008-03-25 15:43:35
On 2008-03-25 22:15:08 -0000, John Levine wrote:
* 2.2.1 Listings SHOULD be temporary: IMO this section should be dropped
- - it describes a certain policy which may or may not fit the purpose of
a particular DNSBL.

Perhaps, listings based on the observed behavior of the IP should be
temporary.  If it's listed because it sends spam, it may well stop
sending spam but if it's listed because it's DHCP space or because
it's in Korea, it won't.

Even that can change. I've seen netblocks move from one European country
to another (within the same provider), and I guess it isn't unusual for
a provider to change an netblock from fixed addresses to dynamic or vice
versa.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | It took a genius to create [TeX],
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | and it takes a genius to maintain it.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |    -- David Kastrup in comp.text.tex