Re: [Asrg] IP responsibility --slightly out of scope

2008-03-31 18:04:15
Alessandro Vesely wrote:

The reverse lookup draft is just in WGLC and should be available
if needed as reference.

I guess you mean draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations-06.

Yes.  Maybe in combination with the "iprev" method explained in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header

The other relevant topic is [r]whois maintenance. I'm not an RFC
connoisseur, and I'm quite lost here.

Whois is a minefield, IMO the last thing a DNSBL BCP needs is to
explore whois ratholes.  I hope John's technical draft makes it
*before* the BCP.  A DNSBL BCP will run into serious trouble, no
matter what the authors say, the topic is controversial.

Rfc2050 mentions a database that is maintained by adding
reassignment information, but doesn't say if and how it is
published.

Thanks, I didn't know that.  I can't say if it's still up to date.

Embarassing, I don't exactly know how "whois.cymru.com" does its
magic, but rxwhois outputs the result after checking some DNSBLs
for a given IP.

 Frank