Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage"

2008-04-01 22:44:54
Frank Ellermann wrote:
Andrew D Kirch wrote:

http://purl.net/xyzzy/rxwhois.htm#v17

do not do this again.

If you have a problem state what it is.  Folks don't
go to the trouble to write and publish crap like...
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-church-dnsbl-harmful
...without a reason.

 Frank

Frank,

You've now pissed off two DNSBL operators in a forum which is designed
to engender cooperation among DNSBL operators.  I don't care about Mat's
listing policies, or your opinions of them.  Quite honestly for the
purposes of this forum, I don't give a damn if he's even following
them.  He is the owner and operator of SORBS, I am the owner and
operator of the AHBL.  Our presence is needed here to make this draft a
success, whereas yours is not.  Al Iverson and I both requested that you
stop this behavior after your first post, and you have not.

You opine that DNSBL's are harmful and cite Mat's specifically, however
you then proceed with ad hominem attacks against a DNSBL operator in a
forum where DNSBL operators have come together to examine, evaluate, and
approve standards to improve the quality of all the blacklists willing
to follow these standards.  Either you simply have an ax to grind with
DNSBL's, and their authors (or Mat specifically), you have an ulterior
motive to explain why your actions and words do not align, you are
incapable of forming a coherent argument, you are a liar, or you are a
fool.  Regardless of your reasons, you have demonstrated that you are
incapable of remaining on-topic, and I'm going to have to ask you to
leave as you have demonstrated that you have nothing further to
contribute in this forum.

Andrew
AHBL.org

If you disagree with my stance here, please contact me privately to
discuss the matter, Frank's actions on this list are not the topic of
the list.  I will summarize back to the list if people request it.