Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage"

2008-04-01 20:11:15
der Mouse wrote:
Does anyone know of any law, either way, in any jurisdiction, bearing
on that theory?  (I'd hope it would be shot down, but would much prefer
to know, either way.)

Specifically for right-of-way there is a (bi)law that mandates the
timeout for right-of-way.

If you let someone cross your land without impeding them, for a specific
period of time (20 years IIRC), after that period you cannot legally
stop them.  If they have removed anything you set to impede them (eg a
fence) they can be taken to court for trespass.

I know of no laws relating to technical/internet/computer issues that
are similar.

/ Mat