Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage"

2008-04-02 09:22:20
John Levine wrote:

That's adverse possession.  I'm pretty sure it's unique to real
estate law.

Adverse possession is squatter law.  It means that the squatter assumes
ownership of the land.  I think the law we're thinking about is a bit
different - establishing a legal right-of-way.  In the former, the
previous owner has no obligation to the new one. In the latter, there is
some stuff about ensuring that the, say, footpath doesn't become
dangerous.  Eg: they can't construct pitfalls.