Re: [Asrg] DNSBL BCP - enough, already, of the amateur lawyering

2008-04-02 09:14:23
At 08:16 02-04-2008, John Levine wrote:
So I think we MUST take out anythink that's likely to be read as legal
advice.

Yes.

On the other hand, if this BCP is successful, we can expect people to
wave it around in court cases to try to establish that some blacklist
does or does not act in accordance with industry standards.  So please
concentrate on making it clear, and keeping in mind the C, not too far
from what respectable BLs do now.

That's something to consider before being added to the
acknowledgements.  Having the document as a BCP from the authors'
perspective instead of a "CP" is better.

Regards,
-sm