Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage"

2008-04-02 15:30:51
"Chris Lewis" <clewis(_at_)nortel(_dot_)com> wrote:
Seth wrote:
Rich Kulawiec <rsk(_at_)gsp(_dot_)org> wrote:

What is this, a contest for silly analogies?  I can keep playing.

Let me also note (continuing earlier analogy) that if you knock
on my door to request entry, or send me a letter that you want
me to read, or ask for http://www.example.com/private.html, and
in all cases, I decline your requests, that is not libel.

Or, you knock on my door, and I explain "my astrologer recommended
that I not admit anybody wearing a red shirt" there's still no libel.

The latter is not really an analogy for the situation.

More like:

You knock on my door, and I explain "my astrologer recommended that I
not admit anybody that cross-dresses in their bedroom.  And he says that
you cross-dress.".

Or "My astrologer recommended that I not admit anybody that lives on
the same block as somebody who cross-dresses in their bedroom.  And
somebody on your block cross-dresses."

That's much less likely to be actionable libel, because it doesn't
identify you.

Seth