Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage"

2008-04-02 11:34:53
Rich Kulawiec wrote:
This is a followup to one particular section:

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 07:42:03PM -0400, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
3.6.  Use of Collateral Damage MUST Be Disclosed
There's no such thing as collateral damage.  I'm going to write
a separate message about that because it's too long to include here.

This phrase should be excised from this document.  There's no such
thing as "collateral damage" because there's no such thing as
"damage" in this context.

IMHO, The term "collateral damage" has been well established in DNSBL
vernacular to mean listing of additional non-spamming objects in an
attempt to promote policy change, or possibly a listing error.

Perhaps it could be defined in the document, but I believe the term more
or less stands on its own.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collateral_damage