Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-01 March 24, 2008

2008-04-04 07:09:21
Al Iverson wrote:
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Douglas Otis
<dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org> wrote:
 On Apr 3, 2008, at 6:47 PM, Al Iverson wrote:

 > Wrong -- MAPS did not notify the network provider in many cases.
 > This was never RSS policy back then, for example. Nor did MAPS go to
 > great lengths to identify network providers for many RBL listings.
 > Sorry, Doug, I was there before you and I personally observed it.

 With respect to DUL, RSS, and OPS, you would be right.

And RBL, too.

I think the idea of adding bits and pieces about prior notification,
identification of network providers, and limiting removal requests to
network providers for the purposes of the BCP has been thoroughly laid
to rest.  As such, what MAPS did[not]/does[not] do in those areas is
entirely moot.

Similarly, (and I'm as guilty as anyone else), it's a bad idea to get
too close to explicitly making suppositions based on law, I've yanked
them all (I think), and I don't think any purpose is served by keeping
that conversation in the BCP thread either.

I'd like to keep this discussion directly on the content of the BCP.

Thanks.