Re: [Asrg] Another dnsbl draft, now standards flavored

2008-07-20 22:29:36
John Levine wrote:

A list needs to be either all domains or all
e-mail addresses.  Do we need to call that out?

You could remove the concept of "e-mail" lists,
I wouldn't miss it for a second.  Twisting local
parts into DNS labels is black magic, and with
quoted-strings it gets surreal.

Half of the SPF-EAI draft argues non-stop why
this is a bad idea, a security issue, won't work
with some less capapable DNS APIs designed for
(roughly) LDH + underscore, an interoperability
nightmare (e.g., semantic content of quoted-pair,
embedded dots), and generally the worst part in
SMTP, EAI, and SPF.

 Frank