Re: [Asrg] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-07 OT

2008-10-17 03:57:04
David Nicol wrote:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Alessandro Vesely <vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it>
wrote:

[Did Asimov mean for] his three laws of
robotics to be enforced by RFCs or enacted legislation?

I always understood them to be a voluntary industry mitigation of
liability risk.

Yeah, that's probably how it started. It doesn't seem reasonable to me that it remained that way through several millennia, with presumably multiple producers scattered among multiple stellar systems, and robots sometimes playing delicate political roles IIRC.

[I have to label this "OT", since I said I shall refrain to insist.]