Re: [Asrg] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-07

2008-10-17 14:34:31
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:39:08 CDT, David Nicol said:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Alessandro Vesely
<vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it> wrote:

[Did Asimov mean for] his three laws of
robotics to be enforced by RFCs or enacted legislation?

I always understood them to be a voluntary industry mitigation of
liability risk.

Oddly enough, *I* always understood it to be a literary creation, designed
such that the Three Laws *seem* to be a good and proper set, but which Asimov
could use the always-ugly corner cases to build stories around.

In other words, the Three Laws are only interesting *because* they have
corner cases....