[Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

2008-11-17 10:26:12
I've done another draft of the infamous DNSBL draft, to turn it back into a draft for an IRTF informational RFC rather than standards track, and to update a few other details that either people pointed out or I noticed.

Take a look, particularly at the expanded section 7 on security considerations, let me know if there's anything that would make this not the consensus of the ASRG.

R's,
John
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:18:01 +0000 (UTC)
From: Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
To: i-d-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Newsgroups: iecc.lists.ietf
Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt

        Title           : DNS Blacklists and Whitelists
        Author(s)       : J. Levine
        Filename        : draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2008-11-17

The rise of spam and other anti-social behavior on the Internet has
led to the creation of shared blacklists and whitelists of IP
addresses or domains.  The DNS has become the de-facto standard
method of distributing these blacklists and whitelists.  This memo
documents the structure and usage of DNS based blacklists and
whitelists, and the protocol used to query them.

IRTF Notice

This document is a product of the Anti-Spam Research Group (ASRG) of
the Internet Research Task Force.  It represents the consensus of the
ASRG with respect to practices to improve interoperability of DNS
based blacklists and whitelists, but does not constitute an IETF or
Internet standard.

[NOTE TO RFC EDITOR: Please remove this paragraph in publication.]
Comments and discussion may be directed to the ASRG mailing list,
asrg(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org(_dot_)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/