Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

2008-11-18 07:54:56
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:21:28AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
If there were a son-of-DNSBL that published more complex information,
e.g., if we figure out reputation well enough to understand what a
generally useful reputation record containing more than one bit would
contain, I'd be less opposed to a new RRTYPE since both producers and
consumers would need new code anyway to support it.  But inventing a
new record that is just like an A record only different is silly.

I'd like to express my strong concurrence with this approach.  My crystal
ball is too murky this morning for me to predict if/when we'll get to
this point, but I think if/when we do that we'll figure out if compelling
reasons exist to refactor the structure of DNSBLs and the code that
uses them.

---Rsk