Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

2008-11-18 18:50:15
Franck Martin wrote:
Did not fully read but not sure if there is something that access to
DNSBL should not be restricted. I'd like to query often the DNSBL to see
if my IPs are not appearing in it. It is easier that way that to scan
postmaster emails. And I can create alerts with tools like nagios, etc...

I'm not sure what you're referring to here.  The DNSBLs that are the
subject of the BCP are open - more or less by definition.

There's also a consideration of scaling.  Having a few dozen
organizations continually rescanning their, say, /16s could get rather
old quick.