Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

2008-11-19 14:57:50
David Nicol wrote:

I believe we have two dots under discussion at this time which may be
properly connected:
Have RBL operators allow opting in for them, then send ARF reports on listing.

We had this conversation a little over a week ago in terms of
instrumenting MTAs to send off ARF reports automatically.

That might work on some smaller DNSBLs that work on a strict "spam in
hand" basis.  Eg: SBL.

But, ARF reports are poorly suited for some DNSBLs.  telekom.gov.tr, for
example, would need to handle 258684 ARF reports per week or so[+] (see
http://cbl.abuseat.org/domain.html) from the CBL.  There's no samples
for the PBL.  Etc.

[+] Ooh, shiny, telekom's CBL count is down from 440,000 as I reported
on November 12.  Everything seems down.  McColo disconnection...