Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

2008-11-19 01:08:10
I would suspect that such service would be by authorisation to avoid abuse,
etc... (kind of a feedback loop).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Leisi" <matthias(_at_)leisi(_dot_)net>
To: "Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF" <asrg(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, 19 November, 2008 6:04:06 PM (GMT+1200) Auto-Detected
Subject: Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

Chris Lewis schrieb:

There's also a consideration of scaling. Having a few dozen
organizations continually rescanning their, say, /16s could get rather
old quick.

An old wish: Have some protocol to enable queries like "return all
listings for IP addresses in a.b.c.d/N" (for some reasonably max value
of N, possibly 24?).

Yes, that's easily done if you have a local copy of the data, but that
is not always feasible (or has considerable cost).

-- Matthias