Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

2008-11-18 17:41:51
Did not fully read but not sure if there is something that access to DNSBL
should not be restricted. I'd like to query often the DNSBL to see if my IPs
are not appearing in it. It is easier that way that to scan postmaster emails.
And I can create alerts with tools like nagios, etc...

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Nicol" <davidnicol(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
To: "Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF" <asrg(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, 19 November, 2008 10:25:47 AM (GMT+1200) Auto-Detected
Subject: Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

But inventing a
new record that is just like an A record only different is silly.

imagining reworking RRTYPE to be more data-driven rather than
use-driven. With some theory behind keeping the number of RRTYPEs
small, like the kinds of basic types in high level languages, that
would be ammunition in debates to add or not. Anyone keeping floating
point data in A records instead of bitmasks? There are enough bits to
have an IEEE 754 single precision float in there for a reputation
score.