Re: [Asrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt (fwd)

2008-11-18 18:31:24
Re your other point, if it seems likely that the BCP-ish doc can come
out at the same time as the spec, I would of course adjust the reference
to it from the current vague language to be more specific.

What's preventing the BCP-ish document coming out at the same time as
the spec?

The IRTF process requires that a couple of the other RG chairs review
the docs for quality and wholesomeness, not to mention whether it
makes sense to someone from the outside.  If they have suggestions,
which they probably will, you respond to them.  (The RG suggestions
for my draft were entirely constructive.)

If we can get the necessary reviews, you should be OK.  There's an
IESG review, but that's supposed to be limited to seeing if it's an
attempted end run around a WG or other procedural shenanigans, not
whether they like what it says or not.

R's,
John