Re: [Asrg] moving the two DNSBL drafts forward

2008-11-24 21:14:34
One questions on irtf-asrg-dnsbl:

Is it worth discussing usage of other means to propagate DNSxLs,
e.g., rsync?

Regardless of the answer, I think this one is fine.

On irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists, near the end of section 1.2, text reads:

        DNSBLs can, and have, ceased operation without notice.  DNSBL users
        SHOULD periodically check the correct operation of the DNSBL, and
        cease using DNSBLs that are working incorrectly

I suggest considering:

        DNSBLs can, and have, ceased operation without notice.  DNSBL users
        SHOULD periodically check the correct operation of the DNSBL, and
        SHOULD cease using DNSBLs that are working incorrectly

which adds a second "SHOULD" for clarity.  But I freely admit that this
may be a nit and not worth the bother.  So again, regardless of the
answer, I think this one is fine.

Thank you to the authors for their diligence and hard work.

---Rsk