[Asrg] Goodmail / Email Postage

2008-11-24 21:14:15
I'm on this list but I've been swamped at work and I'm
slowly catching up with my backlog. For those of you who
missed it, we announced last week that we raised $20M in a
round led by Bessemer Venture Partners. I was, hmm..., busy.

Goodmail's mission is 'Creating Trust in Email'. We're happy
to support other initiatives which share this goal. If anybody
has a fantastic idea and feels encumbered by our patent
portfolio, please contact me off-list and I'll try to help.

I once believed the "invisible hand" could solve the problem
of spam. I came to realize, a long time ago, that there is
no price point at which all the good stuff still  goes in
and all the bad stuff is priced out.

Please realize that Email postage is only a component of
Goodmail's CertifiedEmail ecosystem. It was a challenge to
build a scalable clearinghouse (we're now processing over 3
billion transactions a month), but the processes supporting
the accreditation of senders, reputation monitoring,
security, feedback loops, reporting, UI, etc. have proven to
be at least as complex.

CertifiedEmail offers benefits to end users (you know a
message your received is legit, messages have a higher
functionality), to volume senders and to mailbox providers.
But it is no FUSSP: CertifiedEmail is applicable only to a
subset of the world's email volume.

Best,

~Daniel

--