Re: [Asrg] Dictionary Attacks

2008-11-19 01:06:13
        Rich K is asking the correct question that all op's should be asking
every day, what can be done to remove the need for all of the abuse reports?
Run a tight net and conform to the bcp's. We all know what works and what
does not. It is time that we look at our nets and identify the problematic
parts of the overall design and re-engineer them so they are under a greater
degree of control. We design and build out the topology, we should all have
had enough experience to address what we know will be problematic in the
network and do all that is possible to keep these problems to a minimum.
Having a system in place to help facilitate handling an inordinate amount of
complaints so that when things do start to break, we can explain how we will
fix it so that it does not remain a problem. Just a few late night thoughts.
        Most sincerely, Richard Golodner