Re: [Asrg] How about the feedback loop Wikipedia page? (was: Dictionary Attacks

2008-11-19 11:09:24

On Nov 19, 2008, at 6:35 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

SM wrote:
At 22:13 18-11-2008, Richard Golodner wrote:
Hi Steve, could you help me to understand what a "feedback loop"
is and what it does as far as squashing spam is concerned. I am a
Cisco
http://mipassoc.org/arf/specs/draft-shafranovich-feedback-report-05.txt

I've tried and summarized that in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedback_Loop_(email)

Amendments are welcome

Mmm. ARF != Feedback loop.

The ARF content should be pulled out and put on the Abuse Reporting Format page (which is linked to, but doesn't exist yet) and the Feedback loop page
should reference it.

Then the remaining content should talk about feedback loops in more general
terms, without referencing ARF.

Cheers,
  Steve