Re: [Asrg] attention bonds, was Email Postage

2008-11-29 11:59:38

On November 27, 2008 at 14:33 mouse(_at_)Rodents-Montreal(_dot_)ORG (der Mouse)
wrote:
Unless you can figure out a way to uncompromise ~10e8 systems *and
keep them that way*.  Because as long as those systems are out there,
spammers have the ability to make other people pay for their spam at
will.

And, ironically enough, that fix would mostly eliminate the need for
anything like e-postage.

But we're back to the overlap point of the two approaches to spam
elimination, if I may review:

  a) Make it so I don't see spam or at least don't trust it (filtering
  etc.)

vs.

  b) Make it so spammers have to pay for their resources in one way or
     another so they don't send it in the first place.

The overlap is: If we could achieve either at a high level of efficacy
then spammers would starve, they would all go out of business.

"b" of course presumes that the spammers' business model is
unsupportable if they had to pay for their resources.

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide