Re: [Asrg] About that e-postage draft [POSTAGE]

2009-02-16 12:46:16
On 2/16/2009 12:04 PM, John Leslie wrote:
I do think it wise for the "bank" to ask what receiving MTA the token is
destined for, but it seems to me that

- whether it actually encodes that in the token, and
- whether it tells the receiving MTA how to decode it

are issues we shouldn't specify yet.

In other words, the sender must buy a seperate "stamp" for each message sent,
at the time the message is sent.  This precludes "buying a book of stamps"
or "filling the postage meter", and using the postage, as needed, over time.

The suggestion from Benjamin April <ben(_at_)stagecraft(_dot_)net> that an
e-postage token
should have an opaque value makes sense to me.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team