Re: [Asrg] About that e-postage draft [POSTAGE]

2009-02-18 17:33:50
But actually, we haven't moved it, since the bad guy can use the same
stamp to send multiple spams to the same victim unless the bank also
cancels the stamps.

Or unless the receiving system does elementary checks for the same stamp
being used multiple times. [snark]

A large mail system like AOL or Comcast has somewhere between dozens
and hundreds of MTAs handling something like two billion delivery
attempts per day.

If you know a way to do cheap fast duplicate detection in such an
environment, I know a lot of people who'll be interested to hear about
it, and not just for e-postage.

R's,
John