Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

2009-06-17 09:59:58
On 6/17/2009 01:27, Franck Martin wrote:
Sure, it is the the be strict in what you send, lenient in what you receive.

The first part of that has always been a good idea.  The second part may have
been workable ten years ago, but on today's Internet, exercising leniency in
what you accept will get you flooded with all sorts of traffic that you neither
want nor need.

Ten years ago, we accepted inbound mail from systems with missing or mismatched
DNS information and from systems which used a non-resolvable hostname as their
HELO/EHLO name.  Today, we reject all mail from these systems.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team