Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

2009-06-18 16:47:29
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 09:59:03AM -0400, Paul Russell wrote:
The first part of that has always been a good idea.  The second part may have
been workable ten years ago, but on today's Internet, exercising leniency in
what you accept will get you flooded with all sorts of traffic that you
neither
want nor need.

I strongly agree with Paul on this point.  I'd *like* to be lenient about
what I permit systems to receive, but circumstances dictate otherwise.
We no longer have an Internet where good behavior is the norm and where
system/network operators make that their primary goal; we have an Internet
where abuse is the norm and most system/network operators not only don't
care about good behavior, but have the audacity to complain when anyone
points out that they're not exhibiting it.

---Rsk