Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

2009-06-19 04:19:56

--On 18 June 2009 22:43:32 -0400 Bill Cole <asrg3(_at_)billmail(_dot_)scconsult(_dot_)com> wrote:

I don't think that principle is wrong. Also, I can't think of many
examples of RFC's successfully performing the role you describe of
leading a significant change in practice rather than describing what is
already widely being done to good effect.

Which is why I said it has to be done the other way around. Some organisation with a significant email user base needs to take a lead on this. It could be a large ISP, a large webmail provider, a government, or some other body. It has to be done before the situation gets out of hand, though.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex