Re: [Asrg] Soundness of silence

2009-06-19 22:28:57
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Alessandro Vesely <vesely(_at_)tana(_dot_)it>
wrote:

In particular, I'm puzzled as to why I got no answer to my yesterday's
message.

Sounds like a classic case of "Warnock's Dilemma."

You got no response to a posting on a technical discussion mailing list, and
you are searching for an interpretation.  Brian Warnock, on one of the perl
6 language archicture discussion mailing lists in 2000, described the
situation well when he complained that he could not tell if (A) his proposal
was such a stinker that it was beneath reply and everyone was too polite to
point this out or (B) his proposal was so brilliant that nothing remained to
be said on the subject.

--
between myriad opposing forces