Re: [Asrg] request for review for a non FUSSP proposal

2009-06-26 06:18:57

--On 24 June 2009 17:20:51 +0000 Claudio Telmon <claudio(_at_)telmon(_dot_)org>
wrote:

> Well, you submited my message to spamcop... ;-). Their address was in
> the list of recipients...

Sorry - was using my mail client's autocomplete to check the format.
Forgot  to delete the address <blush>. Actually, the report isn't
complete until I  confirm it, and spamcop probably won't be able to
parse the report because  my message to them didn't include your message
headers.

Hmm, maybe some address harvester will harvest that address and start
spamming spamcop directly, cutting me out of the loop! Perhaps I'd
better  try to change the address.

This is a joke you made me, isn't it? :)  Spamcop is using address
tagging, and you happened to demonstrate what I said about the risks that
tags get disclosed when sending messages to multiple recipients, since
addresses may be in many places in the body of the message, whereas a
specific header could be detected and purged by the MUA/MTA...

A fair point. Some of the same considerations apply, though, especially with regard to obtaining the token.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex