Re: [Asrg] request for review for a non FUSSP proposal

2009-06-29 10:47:15
Claudio Telmon wrote:
Alessandro Vesely wrote:
I think it may actually have more chances when explicitly targeted to guard children, rather than generically "non FUSSP".

I considered to use terms like "protected mailboxes", but at the end I didn't like it, since it describes an expected effect (protection) and not what is actually done (enabling the framework). Also, while the "children" case is a clear one, I think that many other classes of users could benefit from this option. I only used the term FUSSP in the message to this list :)

What about "adult-assisted mailboxes"? Besides the fact that you could adapt an MTA to do mixed enabled and non-enabled reception on the same email address, if the two addresses correspond to different persons, a child and a supervising adult, you don't have to. Targeting children does not necessarily imply that adults refrain to self assist themselves, if they like.

Having a clear case would help working out the specification details that are currently missing. (How much software is needed? What exactly should each piece of software do? Do both mailboxes have to be on the same host? And the database? Etc.) In addition, it may help reckoning a potential user base. Finally, anything that helps to protect the children may get the attention of specific organizations.