Re: [Asrg] request for review for a non FUSSP proposal

2009-06-26 07:45:23
Claudio Telmon wrote:
problem in the transition to consent-enabled mailboxes: When users switch their mailboxes to consent-enabled, they lose the ability to receive any message from consent-unaware senders, including friends, business contacts, mailing lists, banks and similar notification services, reminders, cell phones, etcetera.

You're absolutely right, of course. This is the most critical deployment
issue, and I have tried to consider some strategies in the "deployment" section. Nobody could actually "switch" to consent-enabled mailboxes: a gradual, albeit less effective transition path is required.

Your are right, in turn: after reading the "deployment" section, it is fairly clear that a transition is not necessary. I'm not sure how well point "Voluntary participation" 2.3.9 of Danny's criteria connotes your framework as not being an anti-spam technique. I think it may actually have more chances when explicitly targeted to guard children, rather than generically "non FUSSP".