Re: [Asrg] Too Big to Block?

2009-07-09 14:22:22
The point is not the zombies attacking the crypto.  The point is
zombies (ab)using their machines' legitimate owners' epostage.
This is a problem why?

Because it means epostage won't help: it'll just mean that abused
machines' owners pay in yet another way.  (If epostage is expensive
enough, it may help a little in that it may slightly reduce the
compromise rate, but I think more likely it will result in pressure
against epostage.)

Making ePostage work is clearly possible in an environment of [...]
Quite possibly.  Are such environments common enough to matter?
I can imagine them... Why couldn't they be common?

I don't know.  But deployed epostage seems to be remarkably rare, so
_something_ is preventing its uptake; either your idea of how common
such environments are is way high or there's something else preventing
deployment despite what appears to be an open-and-shut case in favour.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org