Re: [Asrg] SMTP pull anyone?

2009-08-17 23:47:46
I don't see how push or pull fundamentally changes the spam equation
in any case. The problem wrt spam is the any-any nature of who you
receive communication from, not who initiates the connection.

I agree.  The main advantage I see to pull is bandwidth management,
since recipients can decide when and whether to retrieve mail for
users, rather than having to accept it all just in case someone wants
to read it.

The disadvantage is that it requires that senders and receivers all be
connected to the same network all the time, which is a lot closer to
true now than it was in the 1980s, but still a long way from
universally true.

R's,
John